Three vital ingredients make up the school’s ethos: Boys, Faith and Enterprise. We aim to build a school that is geared towards Boys, built upon Christian principles and which nurtures Enterprise. FBS is focused on instilling a ‘can do’ culture: raising expectations of achievement and providing opportunity for boys from the local community to achieve success regardless of background, ethnicity and ability.
FBS will deliver this through:
- teaching strategies aimed at raising achievement for boys
- high standards of pastoral care
- an academic curriculum that will equip FBS boys to apply for Russell Group universities
- commitment to developing entrepreneurial flair, skills and habits in FBS boys, to serve the community as well as their later economic well-being
- sport central to school life
- a wide range of co-curricular and vocational activities
- a powerful partnership between school, parents and community
- firm discipline and clear boundaries with high standards of uniform, behaviour, attendance and punctuality.