Posted on 14/02/2020
F1 in Schools
14th February 2020
On Friday 14th February our boys participated in F1 competitions for schools. They have secured sponsorship, designed, tested and built the fastest F1 car in their catagory @f1inschoolsUK. Going toe to toe (and beating) some of the top schools in London. Nationals here we come!
Well done for Santiago, Phillipe and Ralph!
About F1 in Schools:
- F1 in Schools Ltd is a not-for-profit company established with committed partners to provide an exciting yet challenging educational experience through the magnetic appeal of Formula 1.
- F1 in Schools the only global multi-disciplinary challenge in which teams of students aged 9 to 19 deploy CAD/CAM software to collaborate, design, analyse, manufacture, test, and then race miniature compressed air powered cars made from F1 model block.
- It is a unique global platform for the promotion of Formula 1 and partners to a youth market.
- Teams must raise sponsorship and manage budgets to fund research, travel and accommodation.
- The challenge inspires students to use IT to learn about physics, aerodynamics, design, manufacture, branding, graphics, sponsorship, marketing, leadership/teamwork, media skills and financial strategy, and apply them in a practical, imaginative, competitive and exciting way.
- The founding constitution of F1 in Schools stipulates that it is, and shall remain, a not-for-profit organisation. Funds raised through sponsorship are invested in administering, developing and expanding the challenge. All income is deployed in accordance with guidelines laid down by Formula 1.